Pedestrian, Traffic and Cycling Improvements
Street improvements on Hill Street, Short Place, Clare Street, Marys Place and Floods Place to increase pedestrian, bike and public transport access while improving safety and greening our streets.
What work is being done?
• Raised concrete footpath continuations at intersections of Bourke Street, Short Street and Flinders Street
• New concrete footpath
• Installing new stormwater pipes
• Constructing new stormwater pits
• Street Signage
• Installation of concrete speed cushions
• Installation of new line marking
• New garden beds
Please refer to the concept plan below.
The estimated construction period is November 2019 to March 2020.
Work will be carried out during the day between 7:30am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 7:30am and 3:30pm on Saturdays.
We will take steps to minimise any impacts on local residents and business owners. However, there will be some machinery noise, temporary parking restrictions and alternative access for people walking.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any questions, please complete the online form.
If you wish to be informed of project updates and other projects nearby, please register.