Street improvements on Albion Street, Surry Hills between Elizabeth Street and Mary Street to increase pedestrian, bike and public transport access while improving safety and greening our streets.
What work is being done?
• Paved footpath widening
• Install new stone kerb and gutter
• Improving access ramps
• Installing new stormwater pipes
• Constructing new stormwater pits
• Digging trenches along the footway and roadway to allow installation of new conduits and cables
• New garden beds
• Road resurfacing
• Installation of smartpole lighting
• Upgrade of traffic signals
• Signage installation
• Installation of new line marking
Please refer to the concept plan below.
The estimated construction period is March 2020 to July 2020.
Work will be carried out during the day between 7:30am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 7:30am and 3:30pm on Saturdays and during the night from Monday to Thursday between 8pm to 5am.
We will take steps to minimise any impacts on local residents and business owners. However, there will be some machinery noise, temporary parking restrictions and alternative access for people walking.
Feedback and Questions
If you have any questions, please complete the online form.
If you wish to be informed of project updates and other projects nearby, please register.